As far as launch trailers go, this is one of the better ones.
This looks good. Fingers crossed it’s less heavy handed than The Cove which, while excellent, was pretty self-indulgent in the filmmakers portraying themselves as the ‘framing subject’. The same thing looks to be going on here, but much more justified considering it’s just ice. And holy crap, that is some amazing footage of a lot of ice.
Awesome. Good subject choice.
Mashing up Finding Nemo and Taken. Genius.
Let’s see… Colin Farrell, Sam Rockwell, Woody Harrelson, Christopher Walken and Tom Waits? From the writer/director of In Bruges?
- Pareidolia: A Bizarre Bug of the Human Mind Emerges in Computers
- How text messaging became a humanitarian technology
- The internet as a hive mind
- How Mat Honan had his digital life dissolved by hackers and multiple security flaws
- France has backed away from it’s three strikes downloading law
- John Birmingham on the real cost of Curiosity
- From a NASA contractor: a conceptual video of the Dream Chaser space vehicle
- The ‘spray on’ skin that heals wounds
- The perfectly legal ‘heist’ of $95,000 from a bank
- House cats kill more critters than thought
- Returned to Family: Outlaw Ned Kelly’s Remains, 132 Years After His Death
- Trojan’s PR stunt: hands out 10,000 dildos today from hot dog carts
- From NPR: Dean Norris On Playing Good In ‘Breaking Bad’
- Prometheus (2012) – Calvinball Mythology and the Void of Meaning
- 21 links between unexpectedly shared TV universes
- Tumblr: People Dying Like Marion Cotillard
This also looks interesting: aupcoming HBO documentary called About Face that speaks with former supermodels and talks about plastic surgery and the business of beauty.
- In 1970, a NASA director wrote this letter answering Why Explore Space?
- Worthwhile read: an unexpected meeting with the inventor of the first programmable computer
- Also, visit the very first web page from more than 20 years ago
- Reddit harasses a teen who may have faked her own cyber-bullying
- Thirty Is Not The New Twenty: Why Your 20s Matter
- Sad news: Tig Notaro Has Breast Cancer
- The Criminalisation of Mental Illness in Black America
- A 74 year-old car buff is selling off his antique car collection, says he wasted his life and would rather have had a wife
- Meanwhile, a New York neighborhood had a proper funeral for a 1982 Honda Civic
- Swiss sheep will warn shepherds of wolf attacks by SMS
- UK Kindle eBook sales have overtaken Amazon UK print sales
- How the BBC crushed NBC and brought Olympics coverage into the future
- Editorial: So, bumbling Boris Johnson is lovable and funny? Well, have I got news for you
- Video: Olympic Stadium sings “All You Need is Love”
- Plus: 10 hours of Ping Pong
Also, here’s the trailer for Zero Dark Hour, the new film from Hurt Locker director Katherine Bigelow about the events of SEAL Team Six and the hunt for Osama Bin Laden. Slightly underwhelming, but I’m still looking forward to it.