- HEAVILY ARMED SEX CRAZED DOLPHINS on RAMPAGE in Black Sea
(new ‘best headline ever’ nominee)
- Scientists have gotten one rat brain to ‘talk’ to another using electronic link
- A study has shown that using a handsfree kit while driving can be just as dangerous as being over half the legal alcohol limit. Texting? You’re totally shitfaced.
- Gender differences in education scores persist regardless of gender equality
- A story full of aww: How a newly wed couple found their son in the Subway
- An illuminating article on How Disney bought Lucasfilm — and its plans for ‘Star Wars’
- Great short essay: The many wonders of Christopher Walken
- Scathingly brilliant – An Oscar voter’s brutally honest ballot
- Nice op-ed on design: Why we love beautiful things
- The King Clone is estimated to be the world’s oldest bush, dating around 11,700 years
- Atlas Obscura: The Skeleton Lake of Roopkund, India
- Vice answers: What do hate groups think of Jennifer Lawrence?
- Your obsessive love or hatred of me means nothing in the grand scheme of geological time by (not) Justin Bieber
- Video: Hitler finds out Google Reader is shutting down
(Looks like me and Hitler finally agree on something)
- Pamela Ribon’s horrific and yet hilariously told masseuse experience
- They Cracked This 250-Year-Old Code, and Found a Secret Society Inside
- The Big Apple’s Mayor Makes A Very Scary Video on CO2 Emissions
- NYC payphones get revived as touch-screen tablets
- Visual evolution of the mobile phone
- Straight Outta ‘Goodfellas’: $1.5 Million In iPads Stolen In JFK Heist
- UK’s ‘last typewriter’ produced
- Whoa… Sound bullets in water
- Remember that scary undersea “bloop” noise? At last we know what caused it.
- Why Revolution Can’t Come to North Korea
- NYT Op-ed: The Trouble With Online Education
- The Magnificent Find: Discovering the Lincoln Death Photograph
- The Red Bull 400: a 45 degree, 400m race
- 22 Things your doing wrong
- This guy’s version of Episode I’s potential plot is pretty damn good (and depressing)
I try to do this with every button that beeps, but musical results aren’t usually as good as this guy’s laundry playing the Imperial march.
- Prometheus, Viewed as a Roleplaying Game (contains spoilers; but seriously good fun read)
- What If Beethoven Gave Your Commencement Speech?
- ‘I Just Want to Feel Everything’: Hiding Out With Fiona Apple, Musical Hermit
- Anatomy of CGI: A Scene from “Tangled”
- 20 Things Fantasy Characters Should Do More Often
- Germany’s Ambitious Energy Plan (here’s hoping it works)
- Most Internet trolls are probably trolls in real life, too
- Photos: Behind the scenes of The Empire Strikes Back
- Backstage gossip from touring Guns N Roses roadies
- The Necronomicon-Thin Crust pizza (I like to call it a Necronominom)
- How a Boiled squid inseminated a woman’s mouth
- Stoya on the difference between a prostitute and a porn actress
- Yanis Varoufakis on becoming Valve’s economist-in-residence for their virtual economies
- Why smart people can be so dumb
- Is Creativity Sexy? The Evolutionary Advantages of Artistic Thinking
- Singularity University Rule #1: The best way to predict the future is to invent it
- Lifehacker’s guide on how to tie your running shoes
- New Yorker’s Ryan Lizza on reporting and how Twitter has fostered a crisis in political journalism
- These are the books that will make you totally undateable
“Eat Pray Love. Elizabeth Gilbert isn’t a bad person, but if this book is your choice, you are.”
- Interesting discussion on How To Talk About Books You Haven’t Read
“Non-reading is not just the absence of reading. It is a genuine activity, one that consists of adopting a stance in relation to the immense tide of books that protects you from drowning. On that basis, it deserves to be defended and even taught.”
- A visual summary of Michael Fassbender’s role in Prometheus
- Oh Christ, I thought I could avoid posting a “call me maybe” cover thing, but this MC Chris version with bath salts zombies is catchy.
- Also, Star Wars subtitled with existential philosophy
And for your funny late show segment of the day, here’s 30 Rock’s nice guy Jack McBrayer and Triumph the Insult Comic Dog visiting the Weiner Circle, Chicago’s infamously hostile hot dog stand.
I’d never seen the Darth Vader one which is already well known, but this Luke Skywalker one is pretty damn loltastic too…
And then the Vader one…
Going to see Couch Soup tonight. Got more details, it’s on at 8pm every night til Saturday. Tickets are $12/14 each and you’ll laugh. Or else.
Also discovered this youtube series called Chad Vader. Most amusing stuff. First episode of several…
Absolutely brilliant re-edit. That Vader is one cool cat.