- Has the Art Market Lost its Mind?
The week after The Scream sale, a sale of postwar and contemporary art took in $388.5 million at Christie’s and a sale of Impressionist and modern art garnered $266.6 million at Sotheby’s. Souren Melikian of The New York Times said it was a week of blockbuster art sale profits that “conclusively proved that the disconnect of the art market from the broader economy is now radical.”
- The Value of Facebook: A Time Capsule
- Is Fashion Ready for a New Aesthetic?
- Too Hot for TED: Income Inequality
- Andromeda’s majestic spray of billions of hot stars
- Dear Einstein, Do Scientists Pray?